Certificates are issued Monday – Friday 8am - 4pm
Long Form - $23.00
(Available for births within the City of Laredo limits only, can be used for all legal and general use)
Basic Form - $23.00
(Available for births within the State of Texas only, used for general use only)
$21.00 for 1st copy $4.00 additional copy of the same record
(Available for deaths within the City of Laredo limits only)
The office of Vital Statistics registers Birth and Death records that occur within the city limits of Laredo, TX only.
- In-person request
- Please fill out this form; once completed you must come in to the office with your order number within 30 days.
- Mail request
- Mail request form must be notarized and mailed to our office with a valid/non-expired identification. If your request is incomplete it will not be processed. We only accept money orders or cashier’s checks payable to City of Laredo or you may use the credit card authorization form.
- Only immediate family can request a record and must prove relationship with correct documentation
- Legal guardian/representative
- A Valid/non-expired State Identification is required and name/s must match
- DMV Driver’s License / Identification
- US Passport
- Border Crossing Card (Visa)
- Permanent Resident
- Employment Authorization Card
- Full list of identifications accepted
- In the State of Texas records are confidential
- Birth records for 75 years
- Death records for 25 years
- Birth and Death Certificates filed with the City of Laredo are archived from 1925 to Present day
- If you need a record filed before 1925 please request the record from the Texas Vital Statistics office.
Changes/Corrections/Amendments are done with the Texas Vital Statistics office.
If you would like to contact the Texas Vital Statistics office please call 1-888-963-7111, www.texas.gov, or https://www.dshs.texas.gov/vs/default.aspx
Apostille certification link or contact them at (512) 463-5705.
Not born in Texas?