Laredo Animal Care Services
How to Help
Laredo Animal Care Services ask for your help.
The Laredo Animal Care Facility receives animals from individuals who are no longer able to care for their pets as well as any lost or stray animals in search of a good home. Animals are screened for adoptability, as is any prospective adopter. Adopting an animal from our shelter is one of the most effective ways in helping give a chance at a new life to an animal in need.
Before adopting, careful consideration must be given to the responsibilities for pet ownership. The prospective adopter must consider the time, money, and effort needed to own and care for a pet as owning a pet is a long-term commitment that can be very rewarding for the adopter and the pet.
The Prospective Adopter Must:
1. Be 18 years of age or older
2. Demonstrate the ability to provide a stable home, a safe environment, necessary veterinary care and nutrition, basic behavior training,
and companionship for the animal.
3. Must be willing to comply with all applicable State and local laws and ordinances.
The Prospective Adopter Will:
1. Complete the adoption application.
2. Present a valid state issued identification card.
3. Provide proof of residency.
4. Provide written proof that the landlord allows pet in a rental/lease property, if applicable.
5. Pay necessary fees.
6. Provide proof that he animal has been vaccinated, sterilize, and microchipped/registered as a set out in the adoption agreement and its
attachments, as applicable. Every effort is made to ensure that animals are healthy and adoptable. However, in spite of our best efforts
to down diseases, we cannot guarantee that every animal adoptable will have a clean bill of health. You must have your new pet checked
by a Texas veterinarian immediately upon adoption. No refunds are allowed. Laredo Animal care Services is unable to assist with veterinary
All adoptions are subject to approval by the LACS Director or designee. DOWNLOAD FORM HERE
Laredo Animal Care Services works closely with rescue group organizations and other animal groups to help ensure more lives are saved. If you are a rescue group interested in helping create a partnership with us we ask that the Rescue Partnership Application be completed, which can be found in the forms tab. Additionally, we require a valid copy of your organization’s 501c3. Once a Rescue Partnership Representative has received the application and documents, the group will be notified for approval. LACS is most grateful for every attempt and effort made to help save lives from the shelter. If there are any questions regarding rescue operations or you are looking to submit your documents please email Maribel Maciel @email@example.com or Amanda Arambula @firstname.lastname@example.org.
Laredo Animal Care Facility appreciates every donation made to the shelter and we encourage all valuable contributions made to the City shelter. There is a Donation Policy in place that seeks to support the development of partnerships with individuals, groups, and businesses willing to assist the City with the enhancement of projects, facilities, and programs for the benefit of the public at large. Please refer to the CITY OF LAREDO DONATION ACCEPTANCE POLICY to review in detail the process and acceptance of donations made.
Moreover, there are other ways to help the city shelter, please refer to the “How You Can Help A Shelter 2020” form to read through some useful ways to help LACS with day to day functions and items necessary.
Laredo Animal Care Services is always in search of animal lovers who can volunteer their time at the animal shelter. LACS currently accepts anyone how has been referred by the Municipal Court or anyone looking to donate their time freely. There are many ways that volunteers can help positively impact our shelter, but more than anything they enable us to give the animals the care and attention needed. Each and everyone’s help serves to make things possible around here!
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the Volunteer Safety Forms. Whenever ready, please bring the forms to the facility in person to have a Volunteer/Community Service Representative review the application and help set you up for orientation. Orientations are brief and are held on Mondays and Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m., please arrive by 8:30 a.m. to be processed.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Present a current valid Driver’s License or form of identification.
- Must attend a brief orientation which are held on Mondays or Wednesdays. Arrive at 8:30 a.m. to fill out Volunteer Safety Form and orientation
will be at 9:00 a.m..
- Wear appropriate clothing: Pants, closed toe shoes. No shorts nor open toe shoes or sandals.
- Service hours are from 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. M,T,F, 8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. Wed. & Thurs. and 10a.m.-2:00p.m. on Saturdays.
Through our resources, many of our pets have Happy E-Fur After story's. For example, ...
Laredo Animal Care Services
5202 Maher Ave.
Laredo, Texas 78041
Office Ph: (956) 625-1860
Dispatch Ph: (956) 625-1855
Fax: (956) 523-3734